[MinGW-Users] MinGW installer cannot download a pthreads package

Back to archive index
Eli Zaretskii eliz****@gnu*****
Thu Jan 28 22:36:08 JST 2021

> From: Keith Marshall <keith****@users*****>
> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 20:51:47 +0000
>
> > I hope this doesn't mean the MinGW runtime will drop support for XP
> > and older systems.
>
> No, it doesn't.

That's good to hear, thanks.

FWIW, Emacs still attempts to support older Windows systems, and that
would have been impossible without MinGW's continuity in this area.

> I am committed to offering continuing support, all the way back to
> Windows 95, and to WinNT4, (or even to WinNT 3.x), to the maximum extent
> which is practicable, and for as long as remains practicably possible.
> However, I cannot do it all on my own

That is understandable.

> (and no one else seems to be contributing ATM).

Well, at least as long as I'm using XP, I will report any problems
with it and attempt solutions.  Let me know if I can help with
anything else.