[Mingw-users] The std::to_string problem is back

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Tue Apr 30 03:40:35 JST 2019

On 29/04/19 15:47, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> The problem that caused me to waste so much time on identifying the
> problem was that I somehow thought I had the latest tarballs from
> which I made the installation, and the tiny difference between "-2"
> and "-3" in the file names is hard to spot, especially since the
> version-specific files under libexec all go into .../8.2.0/.

That's specified by the GCC folks, upstream, so I don't think there's a
lot I can do about what the libexec subdirectory is called; the "-2" vs.
"-3" qualifiers are binary package issue serial numbers, which we have
introduced, to indicate build updates, usually to correct some anomaly
within a previous build, from identically the same source package.

I know you prefer to manage your installation manually, (and that's
absolutely fine), but had you used mingw-get, (esp. the GUI), it would
not have fallen foul of a "-2" vs. "-3" oversight -- you could have
readily seen that you didn't have the latest packages installed.

--
Regards,
Keith.