[Mingw-users] The std::to_string problem is back

Back to archive index
Eli Zaretskii eliz****@gnu*****
Mon Apr 29 23:47:52 JST 2019

> From: Keith Marshall <keith****@users*****>
> Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:49:34 +0100
>
> > It turned out I had GCC 8.2.0-2 installed.  Upgrading to 8.2.0-3 fixed
> > the problem.  Sorry for the noise.
>
> No problem; I'm pleased you were able to resolve the issue.
>
> IIRC, gcc-8.2.0-3-mingw32 was created _specifically_ to resolve issues
> due to gcc-8.2.0-2-mingw32 having been linked with buggy mingwrt, or
> w32api libraries.  I wasn't aware that this was a particular issue with
> that build, but obviously, 8.2.0-2 and earlier are unsustainable.

Indeed.

The problem that caused me to waste so much time on identifying the
problem was that I somehow thought I had the latest tarballs from
which I made the installation, and the tiny difference between "-2"
and "-3" in the file names is hard to spot, especially since the
version-specific files under libexec all go into .../8.2.0/.