[tomoyo-dev-en 242] Re: About supporting policy namespace.

Back to archive index

Tetsuo Handa from-****@I-lov*****
Thu Jun 2 17:22:16 JST 2011

Jamie Nguyen wrote:
> Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> > I added a page for using namespace.
> > http://tomoyo.sourceforge.jp/1.8/chapter-15.html
> >
> > (0) Do you see problems with this specification?
> >
> > (1) What explanation is insufficient in the above page?
>
> Looks good to me.

Thank you for review and correction. I added Japanese part.

> If we are using this in exception policy:
>
>   task manual_domain_transition <Apache> /www.tomoyo00.com
>
> instead of:
>
>   task manual_namespace_transition <Apache> /www.tomoyo00.com
>
> then I think "auto_domain_transition" might be more appropriate.

OK. I committed changes. But...

> My preference is "transit_namespace", in order to be similar to
> "auto_domain_**transit**ion". Toshiharu made some good points about
> initialize_namespace being inappropriate, and I dislike jump/change.

since we changed to use "auto_domain_transition=" rather than
"auto_namespace_transition=", and we are using "task manual_domain_transition"
rather than "task manual_namespace_transition", only "transit_namespace" and
"no_transit_namespace" contain "namespace" within the directive.

Domain transition across namespaces by "transit_namespace" directive is nothing
but a special case of domain transition that is similar to "initialize_domain"
directive.

> But to be honest, I don't really mind what colour the bikeshed ends up
> being :-D

Sorry for bothering you, but due to above change, I now strongly feel we should
use "***_domain"/"no_***_domain" rather than "***_namespace"/"no_***_namespace"
so that what users need to know remains unchanged (i.e.

  "***_domain"/"no_***_domain" are directives for controlling domain transition
  upon program execution

).

Some candidates that replace "transit_namespace"/"no_transit_namespace":

  "transit_domain"/"no_transit_domain"
  "transfer_domain"/"no_transfer_domain"
  "reset_domain"/"no_reset_domain"
  "change_domain"/"no_change_domain"
  "start_domain"/"no_start_domain"
  "restart_domain"/"no_restart_domain"

> Also, I just noticed that we haven't documented auto_domain_transition
> conditional ACL yet.

Oops. You can copy description from tags/htdocs/1.8-old/ if you want.