[MinGW-Users] The POSIX random-number generator

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Wed May 26 06:37:50 JST 2021

On 08/04/2021 09:10, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Keith Marshall <keith****@users*****>
>> Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 21:54:28 +0100
>>
>> Notwithstanding my reluctance to support this, FWIW I did find
>>
>>    https://www.mathstat.dal.ca/~selinger/random/
>>
>> from which, with hints from the GNULIB random_r.c implementation[1],
>> I've derived the attached patch.
>>
>> While I still will not attest to the statistical reliability of this, if
>> you would care to submit a formal feature request[2], and there is
>> sufficient interest expressed, (by way of up-votes), I may consider
>> incorporation into libmingwex.a, subject to a requirement for the caller
>> to define either _XOPEN_SOURCE >= 500, or _BSD_SOURCE, before including
>> <stdlib.h>, to expose the API declarations.
>
> Thank you, Keith.  If and when such a feature request is submitted, it
> will definitely get my up-vote.

Yet, no one (not even the OP) seems to be sufficiently interested, to
actually file the feature request.  Maybe I should just go ahead and add
it, regardless?

--
Regards,
Keith.