[Mingw-users] Problems installing MinGW on Windows 10

Back to archive index

David Gressett DGres****@amli-*****
Sat Jul 14 06:30:44 JST 2018

... snip ...
>I stand corrected -- the catalogue entry for gcc-core does declare a requirement for the latest available version of libmingwex-0.dll, for
>*all* versions of GCC.  However, the version disparity remains no more than a difference between the most recent versions advertised on the respective catalogue hosts.

>I thought I'd removed the dependency, so that may be a bogus requirement; will your installed GCC run, if you move libmingwex-0.dll away?

It does not run. I get a popup message box with the title "cc1.exe - System Error"

This is the error text:

"The program can't start because libmingwex-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem"