[Mingw-users] gcc 7.3.0 patches and build configuration

Back to archive index

David Gressett DGres****@amli-*****
Mon Jul 2 02:42:39 JST 2018

I have posted my gcc 7.3.0 patches and pkgspec  on Slack

I'm seeing a few odd things in the build log, so I will be doing
some tweaks to see if I can get rid of them.

These appear very early in the build - the gmp configuration thinks that it is a cross build.

"configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet"

"configure: WARNING: the "none" host is obsolete, use --disable-assembly"

"checking whether we are cross compiling... yes"

Nothing else is doing this, the only offender is gmp

I still need to do  export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/mingw/lib/gcc/ before starting the build.

According to the official gcc documentation, the default for this is

 "prefix/lib/gcc/, where prefix is the prefix to the installed compiler. In many cases prefix is the value of prefix when you ran the configure script"

I'm guessing that this is a configuration glitch.