[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #41070: Please include libgccjit with MinGW GCC distribution

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Fri Jan 8 05:15:04 JST 2021

#41070: Please include libgccjit with MinGW GCC distribution

  Open Date: 2020-12-23 17:28
Last Update: 2021-01-07 20:15

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/41070
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=41070

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Attached 27-libgccjit-invalid-assertion.patch corrects the invalid assumption,
in the assertion which validates the final DIR_SEPARATOR of the temporary
directory path name. With all patches applied, up to and including this one, I
am able to successfully compile and link libgccjit-0.dll, and subsequently
compile, link, and run the tut01-hello-world.exe example program.

I have posted the resulting libgccjit packages, to augment the GCC-9.2.0
collection in our FRS; currently published as hidden packages, you will need to
access them via this direct link — they will not be visible, in the regular
package list. Additionally, I have updated the source code tarball, to
incorporate the additional patches, and configuration options, which are
required to achieve this additional package build.

Please test.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: eliz
         Owner: keith
          Type: Feature Request
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: GCC
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

Please add libgccjit to the binaries included in the MinGW GCC distributions.
This is required to be able to build projects that use libgccjit for JIT
compilation of code. One example of this is "gccemacs", a branch of GNU Emacs
development (soon to land on the master branch of Emacs) that compiles Emacs
Lisp programs into native x86 code for faster runtime performance.

Thank you.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net