[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sun May 24 01:14:44 JST 2020

#40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

  Open Date: 2020-05-23 10:07
Last Update: 2020-05-23 17:14

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40438
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40438

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

        tried to compile "omp_hello" as suggested "https://www.math.ucla.edu/
        ~wotaoyin/windows_coding.html"; compiler command: "gcc -fopenmp
        omp_hello.c -o omp_hello"

    Okay, thanks. I'll try to take a look at that, as and when time permits.

Nope. I still cannot reproduce the issue:

$ wget https://computing.llnl.gov/tutorials/openMP/samples/C/omp_hello.c

$ mingw32-gcc -fopenmp omp_hello.c -L. -o omp-hello.exe

$ mingw32-ldd omp-hello.exe
omp-hello.exe
 +- libmingwex-2.dll
 +- libgomp-1.dll
 |   +- libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll
 |   +- KERNEL32.dll
 |   +- msvcrt.dll
 |   +- msvcrt.dll
 +- KERNEL32.dll
 +- msvcrt.dll

$ ./omp-hello.exe
Hello World from thread = 0
Number of threads = 2
Hello World from thread = 1

The above is cross-compiled, on Manjaro Linux with mingw32-gcc-9.2.0, and run
under Wine-5.8. The "-L." is included in my mingw32-gcc command because I
normally link libmingwex.a statically, but I have libmingwex.dll.a in my
working directory, to link dynamically, on this occasion. I appreciate that
running under Wine may not faithfully mimic native behaviour on Windows, but it
is very unusual for Wine to successfully run code which does not run
successfully on Windows itself ... the converse is a more likely scenario.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: rosasmje
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: (None)
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

libmingwex-5.3.1 is BUGGY! it imports from self procedure
"__emutls_get_address", while not exporting it. thus any linked app would not
start. changed to --static also submitted this as review. also tested Version
5.2.2, it is good; it has not any "__emutls_get_address" inside;

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net