[tomoyo-dev-en 265] Re: Reloading rules through /sys

Back to archive index

Horvath Andras han****@log69*****
Tue Jun 7 22:46:16 JST 2011

On Tue, 7 Jun 2011 19:42:06 +0900
Tetsuo Handa <from-****@I-lov*****> wrote:

> Creating "rules" for the domain where the specific process identified
> by $PID belongs to is done by doing
>
>   select pid=$PID
>
> . If you have a global PID, you can do
>
>   select global-pid=$PID
>
> instead. tomoyo-queryd uses the global PID in order to handle PID
> namespace.

What i'm trying to do is to create rules for an already running
process, but i'd like to transit it from its original domain to a new
domain on-the-fly if possible.

Let's say i have a domain like this:

<kernel> /sbin/init /bin/bash /bin/myprog
use_profile 0

I'd like to have a domain like this by formerly specifying
"initialize_domain /bin/myprog" in exception_policy, then in
domain_policy:

<kernel> /bin/myprog
use_profile 1

I know that after creating this domain, the process will start in this
domain if i restart the process. My question is, is there a way to avoid
to have to restart the process to have my new domain? Is there a
possibility to transform it from the old domain to the new domain
on-the-fly?

Or you think the best solution for this is what you wrote, using the
PID? Like, i would create rules for that PID while running, and i would
also create my new domain. So it will have his rules while running, and
also the new domain after restart.

What i don't see here is, what happens with the PID domain after
closing the process. Does it get removed?

Couldn't i avoid somehow to have to create double rules?

What's the easiest method to apply new rules on a running process
without restarting it?

Thanks.