[macemacsjp-english 882] Re: auctex/pdf

Back to archive index

Roussanka Loukanova rlouk****@stp*****
Mon Feb 5 01:49:38 JST 2007

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Seiji Zenitani wrote:
> My current plan is as follows. In this case, texdoc is identical to
> open. But I am still wondering whether I should use "open %o",
> because texdoc is cheaper than I have expected. Introducing another
> wrapper increases the entropy...  If the user would like to use
> PDFView, the user can configure the AUCTeX variable or the texdoc
> command by himself/herself.
>
>>       "%(o?)xdvi %dS -paper a5r -s 0 %d")
>>      ("^dvi$" ,(concat "^" (regexp-opt '("a5paper" "a5comb")) "$")
>>       "%(o?)xdvi %dS -paper a5 %d")
>> +    ("^pdf$" "." "texdoc %o")
>>      ("^pdf$" "." "xpdf -remote %s -raise %o %(outpage)")
>>      ("^html?$" "." "netscape %o"))
>>    "List of output file extensions and view options.

Then, which application would be the default View from Emacs for
1) a dvi file?
2) a pdf file?

Does the user need to do something and if yes, what?

I've looked in the /usr/texbin/texdoc file of the latest TeXLive
distributions, and the relevant lines, according to my knowledge (which is
very poor), does not seem to set any vewing applications, except xdvi for
.dvi files and TextEdit for .txt files:

   Darwin)
         : ${TEXDOCVIEW_dvi='(open %s >/dev/console 2>&1 || xdvi %s &) ||
echo "Metho
d for opening %s did not work"'}
         : ${TEXDOCVIEW_ps='open %s'}
         : ${TEXDOCVIEW_pdf='open %s'}
         : ${TEXDOCVIEW_html='open %s'}
         : ${TEXDOCVIEW_txt="open -a TextEdit.app %s"}

Roussanka