[macemacsjp-english 445] Re: Compiling Emacs

Back to archive index

Alex Schroeder alex****@gnu*****
Mon Jan 16 07:16:39 JST 2006

> How about trying with the latest XCode (2.2)?

I'm glad to see that I don't need any of the special stuff -- a simple
./configure call with the correct parameters in the top level
directory is enough.

As for the "latest" XCode -- I don't know what XCode I have.  As I
said in my first mail, I use Panther (10.3.9).  The web page says:
"Xcode 2.2 will run on Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) on a Macintosh with
either a PowerPC or an Intel processor. It will not install or run on
earlier versions of Mac OS X."

I think I'm stuck with Version 1.5.  (Actually I don't know how to
check what version I have; I've found the installer for 1.5 in my
Applications directory, to be honest.)

Oh well.  Since I'm only doing minor checks (I'm working on Rmail), I
will try to build an Emacs for X11 instead.  That should be enough for
the testing I have in mind.  :)

Alex.
--
http://www.emacswiki.org/alex/