[macemacsjp-english 440] Control-g (keyboard-quit) is not heard by carbon emacs under load

Back to archive index

George V. Neville-Neil gnn****@nevil*****
Sat Jan 14 12:10:25 JST 2006

Hi,

I've been having a problem where if a network connection or some long
running process in Carbon Emacs gets stuck I get the spinning color
wheel but cannot get Emacs to respond to keyboard quit (aka
control-g).  If Carbon Emacs has not run away but is just mildly busy
then keyboard-quit works.  Is this a known issue?  I ahve not seen
anything in the FAQ or the mail archives on this.  This most often
happens with stale IMAP connections (those that are messed up by a NAT
gateway closing the port) in wanderlust.

Thanks,
George