[macemacsjp-english 364] Default 'C-x C-f' action

Back to archive index

Bill Somerville (unix) bill.****@macro*****
Thu Nov 24 23:32:07 JST 2005

Having just upgraded to Tiger I have found this Emacs port to replace
my previous port, thanks to all  for the effort.

I have one initial niggling problem, I expect 'C-x C-f' to prompt for
a file to open with a default of the directory of the file buffer
with focus. On other Emacs builds I can hit RETURN and have the
current buffers file re-opened thus reflecting any changes on disk.
Instead with this port I get a dired mode buffer of the directory. I
would expect this behavior ONLY if I delete the trailing '/'
character from the path.

Is this a configuration issue that I can resolve?

Bill Somerville
Consultant
Macrovision Europe