[macemacsjp-english 357] Re: utf-8m-unix and xml

Back to archive index

irodo****@irodo***** irodo****@irodo*****
Tue Nov 22 10:52:59 JST 2005

Hello John.

At Mon, 21 Nov 2005 10:57:20 -0800,
John Fieber wrote:
> Load up this and switch to nxml-mode:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <hello>Hello World!</hello>
>
> Then make a change and save.  I always get the warning:

I think nxml-mode set buffer-file-coding-system from MIME
character set. Because utf-8m declare itself utf-8. Please try
this hacking.

* Open lisp/international directory choosing [Help -> Carbon Emacs
  Package -> Open site-lisp Directory], and open
  `../lisp/international' directory.
* Defrost utf-8m.el.gz and open it in Emacs.
* Change line 99 to below:

    (mime-charset . nil)

* Restart Emacs.

--
Eiji Honjoh
irodori RINGO - little tools for Mac OS X