[macemacsjp-english 352] Re: utf-8m-unix and xml

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Tue Nov 22 02:48:07 JST 2005

On 2005/11/22, at 2:00, John Fieber wrote:

> Put:
>
> (load-library "rng-auto")
>
> in your .emacs, then open an xml file and switch to nxml-mode and see
> a warning on save about mismatched coding systems.

I tried this just now. M-x describe-coding-system says an XML file is
utf-8. I could not find any 'utf-8m' in the Priority order for
recognizing coding systems when reading files: in the *Help* buffer.

Does anyone else meet this kind of trouble?

> I think nxml-mode (bundled) and utf-8m that are not happy with each
> other. When using nxml-mode, the buffer coding system flips to
> utf-8m-unix and I get the warning on save, even when I manually switch
> the buffer coding system to utf-8-unix.

If so, I'll consider a new option to disable utf-8m in the December
release.

-- Seiji