[macemacsjp-english 313] Re: Versatile behaviour of carbon-font.el

Back to archive index

irodo****@irodo***** irodo****@irodo*****
Sun Nov 6 16:53:29 JST 2005

Hello Peter.

At Fri, 4 Nov 2005 12:47:08 +0100,
Peter Dyballa wrote:
> This "normalisation" too happens when I switch from the first fontset
> (Hiraginomaru, Hiraginokaku, Hiraginomin, Osaka) to another one from
> this four. And this I always did too in my self-compiled Carbon Emacs!

If I understood your message correctly, bold face font is not
expressed with fixed-width when I change fontset. Is that true?

On my environment, weekday line of *calendar* buffer is not expressed
with bold or italic face , I use simple HTML file in this case. Inner
`title' tag's text is expressed with bold face.
I try to change fontset from *scratch* buffer using this code.
# Initial fontset is `hiraginokaku' 10pt.

1.
  (set-default-font "-*-*-medium-r-normal--10-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-hiraginomin")
2.
  (set-default-font "-*-*-medium-r-normal--10-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-hiraginomaru")
3.
  (set-default-font "-*-*-medium-r-normal--10-*-*-*-*-*-fontset-osaka")

`Hiraginomin' look like betther than other fontset sure. But bold
faced text did not deteriorate.

I think this subject deal as fixed-width-fontset.

--
Eiji Honjoh
irodori RINGO - little tools for Mac OS X