[macemacsjp-english 132] Re: macemacsjp-english Digest, Vol 5, Issue 6

Back to archive index

Seiji Zenitani zenit****@tkg*****
Mon Jul 18 03:03:23 JST 2005

Hi,

On 2005/07/12, at 18:49, David Chadd wrote:

> I don't think it can be an encoding issue,
> but I confess I don't really understand emacs encoding.
> Seiji: I see only one potential problem with mule-ucs (from
> my limited standpoint).  A lot of people are using James Clark's nxml
> mode, and as far as I can see that is incompatible with mule-ucs (I
> may be wrong, but I certainly have had problems).  But I suppose it
> would be perfectly possible to hook something on to nxml-mode which
> avoided this.

Thank you for useful information. Anyway, I decided to add an option
to turn on/off mule-ucs in the next release, because skipping mule-
ucs reduces a lot of start-up time. Surely mule-ucs provides better
unicode support than the built-in encodings, but I don't think
everyone needs it.

-- Seiji