[macemacsjp-english 159] Re: weird bug

Back to archive index

Kasi popsc****@gmx*****
Mon Aug 15 01:34:28 JST 2005

> I'm afraid that I have no idea on strace-like-tool. However,
> observing *Messages* buffer will provide useful information.
>
> Does anyone else encounter this bug?

Ok. did a little more debugging and found the line:

(add-hook 'after-init-hook 'server-start)

to be responsible. The problem is, the after-init-hook is only
evaluated, after emacs has started. That's the reason for the
different behavior between using .emacs and evaluating the file after
initialization. Whenever I start the server, it starts using CPU
time. This behavior is different on Unix. For example, the
emacsserver does not use CPU time in Linux. So is this a MacOS/Darwin
specific thing? Are there differences in the source between the
emacsserver on Mac and on Linux?

   Kasi