[Howm-eng 16] Question/Feature Requests

Back to archive index

Jin Tong tongc****@gmail*****
Fri Nov 18 03:23:30 JST 2005

This is a great package!!

Here is a question/feature request I have:

While using howm taking notes, I'd like to have some simple markup
capability, such as those available from emacs-wiki/Muse mode (e.g.,
"_underline_" "*emphasize*"). If I turn the major mode of howm notes
to emacs-wiki, the keymap of wiki/muse conflicts with some other key
bindings I have (I also use pabbrev for note taking). Is there another
good/simple minor mode that does this? If not, I'd suggest howm
include some basic markup(or markdown) capability which gives
real-time fontification of these markups.

Another good thing in howm to have is some level of integration with
an outline mode (outline, org, etc.), since howm is used mostly for
notes taking.

Thanks,
Jin Tong