I am pleased to announce the release of SbK Gnome 21.2.1. A spin based on Manjaro.
Both iso's in this release include :
1. The 5.10.89 LTS kernel.
2. The following Gnome shell extensions are installed and used:
3. Minimize and Maximize window controls.
4. The new Mint shell theme based on Rounded Rectangle thats been heavily modified.
5. The New FlatRemixSpin-Mint2 icon theme with light and dark versions.
6. The new SpinThemeDarkMint2 matching Gtk and Kvantum themes in one package.
7. The new Usplash-21.2.1 desktop wallpapers. One of them is the background for the grub, desktop, and login screen backgrounds.
8. LightDM instead of GDM with lightlocker screen locking.
9. The iso's are up to date as of 1/3/2022.
10. Gnome icon in dock to bring up applications. Its color matches the shell theme.
Both iso's also contain the standard SbK features.
1. The latest LTS kernel.
2. A Manjaro stable install that is also AUR compatible with a lot of packages used to build packages installed.
3. It is multiarch by default to make running wine games and other 32bit software you may run easier.
4. The Spins by Kilz signed repository is enabled for SbK project packages.
5. A signed iso. For information on checking signed iso's visit https://spins.tuxfamily.org/check.html
6. Bloatware has been removed (HP printer software and others).
7. Flat packs and snaps are not installed. The back ends are also not installed but can be installed by the user.
8. All SbK iso's contain Manjaro Architect script in case you want to do a custom install. Sadly to get any SbK packages like themes, icons, and other goodies you will have to add the SbK Repository after install. https://spins.tuxfamily.org/repo.html
9. Timeshift autosnap installed. It takes a snapshot before upgrading so any bad upgrades can be easily reversed.