[MinGW-Users] MinGW installer cannot download a pthreads package

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sun Mar 28 00:45:12 JST 2021

Yes, I already said as much, in an earlier answer:
https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/lists/archive/users/2021-January/000704.html
> An alternative is to download, using the browser, saving the downloaded
> file in $MINGW_ROOT/var/cache/mingw-get/packages, whence mingw-get can
> install them, *without* requiring a continuing internet connection.

Your "var\cache\mingw-get\packages\" is *identically* the same as my
"$MINGW_ROOT/var/cache/mingw-get/packages", since the directory lives
within your MinGW installation tree, and Windows treats '/' and '\' as
equivalent, in any context where they are unambiguously interpreted as
directory name separators.

> By the way, you might be intereseted in modern browsers specially
> adapted for Windows XP: Pale Moon, Mypal, and Extreme Explorer.

Thanks.  I recently upgraded to Firefox-86.0, on my WinXP VM; it seems
to work just fine, whereas Microsoft's Internet Explorer no longer seems
to work at all ... even on HTTP sites such as http://mingw.osdn.io

> I also want to thank Keith for supporting older Windows versions.
You're welcome.

--
Regards,
Keith.