[MinGW-Users] RFC: Work around POSIX non-conformity of Microsoft's dup2() function

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sat Jun 26 03:36:00 JST 2021

The documentation describes it as a POSIX function, (in name at least,
and albeit deprecated for use with MSVC), but its behaviour definitely
does NOT conform to the POSIX.1 specification.

I've written a description of the issue, and proposed corrective action,
as ticket https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/ticket/42561

I would appreciate a review of my proposed changes, by the MinGW user
community.  In the absence of any objections, I plan to incorporate the
proposed (option 4) change into the next mingwrt release.

TIA.

--
Regards,
Keith.