[Mingw-users] Unable to install Gcc & G++ software

Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Tue Jan 28 00:54:20 JST 2020

On 27/01/2020 09:26, Rohith Reddy wrote:
> As in the process of installing Gcc & G++  Software I have
> double-clicked the mingw setup file I am unable to select the option
> all users radio button for installation can you please help me
> regarding this?>
> Issue is mentioned in below screenshot

I see two issues in that screenshot:

1) Version 0.6.2-beta is obsolete; it is the last version to have been
published on SourceForge, and is no longer maintained; it may no longer
even work, at all, but will definitely not install current packages.  We
no longer distribute packages via SourceForge, (due to their failure to
provide a satisfactory service); you should be using the latest package
versions, from https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/releases/

2) Regarding the "all users" option, the footnote (on the same screen)
tells you that you need administrative privilege to be able to select
it; it seems likely that you don't have that, or at the very least, have
not run the installer process with sufficient privilege.

--
Regards,
Keith.