[Mingw-users] MinGW Installation Manager - what does "required components" mean?

MinGW****@PKlam***** MinGW****@PKlam*****
Wed Jan 22 14:38:01 JST 2020

Does "required component" mean I should go back, select, and apply, to
install additional components that didn't come with the base system
automatically?

At fresh install of MinGW on Windows 10 today, after selecting, and
applying, "Basic Setup" items msys-base, mingw32-gcc-g++, mingw32-base, and
mingw-developer-toolkit, I went further to explore "All Packages" and I find
many items with Description "This is a required component of the MinGW
Compiler Suite" which have not been installed. Why not?

--

Pete Klammer