[Mingw-users] Support AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 macro in autoconf

Anton Shepelev anton****@gmail*****
Sun Jan 19 05:12:34 JST 2020

Eli Zaretskii to Anton Shepelev:

> > May I please request that you supply a newer version of
> > the `autoconf' tools, at least the one that supports the
> > AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11 macro:
> >
> >    https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf-archive/ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.html
>
> I'd just download the corresponding .m4 file and install
> it on your system, under /usr/share/aclocal.  No need for
> anyone to provide any new version.

If by "install" you meant copying the file to the said
location, then it did't help:

Ant at ant-519666801b8 ~/db-staging
$ ls /usr/share/aclocal
ax_cxx_compile_stdcxx_11.m4  bison-i18n.m4  pkg.m4  sdl2.m4

Ant at ant-519666801b8 ~/db-staging
$ ./configure --disable-sdltest 1>/dev/null
./configure: line 5712: syntax error near unexpected token `noext,'
./configure: line 5712: `AX_CXX_COMPILE_STDCXX_11(noext, mandatory)'

Maybe my configure script uses some syntax introduced in a
later version?