[Mingw-users] Errors in standard include files

Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sat Jan 11 07:35:24 JST 2020

On 10/01/2020 21:18, Anton Shepelev wrote:
> Thank you -- renaming profile.xml has helped, but an error
> occured during the upgrade of gcc, mingwrt, and w32api via
> the new GUI installation manager:
>
>    mingw-get: *** ERROR *** libgomp-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dll-1.tar: invalid manifest; no references

It's been over 6 years since I last used Windows in earnest, but IIRC
this indicates that you have a local installation manifest which still
records libgomp-4.8.1-4-mingw32-dll-1 as being installed; that's an
artefact of Earnie's ancient, and critically broken GCC-4.8.1 release,
which you should have gotten rid of, long ago.

There is no longer any reference for this broken release, in the
distribution catalogue, (which causes this error, IIRC; although a
back-reference is supposed to be automatically regenerated, I seem to
recall that failure to do so is a known mingw-get defect; you may need
to manually reinstate a suitable reference, in your local copy of the
mingw32-gcc4.xml catalogue, or manually purge the manifest reference, to
work around this).

--
Regards,
Keith.