[Mingw-users] Offline installer GCC Compiler Suite

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Thu Feb 13 08:40:54 JST 2020

On 12/02/2020 17:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> From: Mike Evans <Mike.****@merce*****>
>> Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 15:59:12 +0000
>>
>> I don't think this is suitable as I need an installer to distribute
>> this application.>
> Out of curiosity: why do you need an installer?  Running installers
> requires UAC elevation, ...

That may be true of installers, in general, but it is not true of
mingw-get, if the installation is restricted to a "me only" case.

That said, we do not have the manpower resources to maintain an offline
installer, but it should be possible for any user, with a live internet
connection to create their own.  The idea, which I have used in the
past, is to create the initial installation on removable (or network
shared) media, then clone that (offline) wherever you wish.  You may
subsequently remount the removable/shared media installation in the
online environment, update/upgrade it, and distribute the updates to
offline clones, as required.

HTH.

--
Regards,