[Mingw-users] GDB began crashing in GetOpenFileNameA()

Back to archive index

raynebc . rayne****@gmail*****
Sun May 13 12:02:57 JST 2018

> It looks like your GDB was stripped of debugging symbols, so the
backtrace is not meaningful.

As far as I can tell, this is the state of the GDB that I got through
mingw-get.

> You could try a newer GDB from the ezwinports site, maybe it will be free
of this problem.

They offer a port of GDB 8.1 (which has a Python 2.6.6 dependency).  Will
it be fully compatible with the older GCC binaries in MinGW?

> The Windows Events Log might have additional info about the crash,
although I doubt it will pinpoint the root cause.

It doesn't say much about it other than the fault offset:
Faulting application name: gdb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52351248
Faulting module name: gdb.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x52351248
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x001a2fdc
Faulting process id: 0x2028
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3ea56246c5911
Faulting application path: C:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe
Faulting module path: C:\MinGW\bin\gdb.exe