[Mingw-users] Missing package when I install Mingw32-base

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Sun Dec 30 15:42:32 JST 2018

On 30/12/18 01:05, John Calcote wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 5:51 PM Clive Lansink wrote:
>>
>> mingw-get install mingw32-base
>> I got the following:
>> mingw-get: *** WARNING ***
>> http://osdn.net/dl/mingw/libisl-0.18-1-mingw32-dll-15.tar.xz:
>> opened with unexpected status: code = 404
>> mingw-get: *** WARNING ***
>> please report this to the mingw-get maintainer
>> mingw-get: *** ERROR *** Get package:
>> http://osdn.net/dl/mingw/libisl-0.18-1-mingw32-dll-15.tar.xz:
>> download failed
>
> I had that same problem yesterday. I think it's because one of the
> maintainer was updating the content on the download site while we
> were installing.

Yes, that's exactly what happened.  Due to propagation delays, between
the OSDN upload server and the download mirrors, I can't round-trip test
as quickly as I might like, and even though I identified this issue -- a
discrepancy between package issue number in the mingw-get catalogue, and
the only actual package available for download -- as quickly as I
possibly could, there would still have been a further propagation delay
window, after I'd uploaded the correction, for you to observe the same
failure as I did initially.

> I removed my c:\mingw directory and reinstalled and the
> problem went away.

A quicker solution would have been to simply install the missing isl-dll
package, after the corrected catalogue had been propagated, (as it must
have been anyway); that would have saved the bandwidth, (and time), for
downloading *everything* again, (since blowing away the entire c:/mingw
tree would, presumably, also blow away the locally stored tarballs --
from c:/mingw/var/cache/mingw-get/packages).

--
Regards,
Keith.