[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sun May 24 03:36:53 JST 2020

#40438: Bug in libmingwex-5.3.1 dll

  Open Date: 2020-05-23 10:07
Last Update: 2020-05-23 19:36

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40438
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40438

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Just a thought: where did you get your GCC tool chain? The website to which you
referred me earlier suggests that you use tools from MSYS2, a project which
illegally distributes packages whose names infringe our legally registered
"MinGW" trademark. Needless to say, we do not support such illegally
distributed packages.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: rosasmje
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: (None)
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

libmingwex-5.3.1 is BUGGY! it imports from self procedure
"__emutls_get_address", while not exporting it. thus any linked app would not
start. changed to --static also submitted this as review. also tested Version
5.2.2, it is good; it has not any "__emutls_get_address" inside;

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net