[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40489: MinGW-get-setup.exe creates files blocked by Bitdefender

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Jun 17 22:27:16 JST 2020

#40489: MinGW-get-setup.exe creates files blocked by Bitdefender

  Open Date: 2020-06-17 16:27
Last Update: 2020-06-17 16:27

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40489
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40489

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:
 * New Ticket "MinGW-get-setup.exe creates files blocked by Bitdefender" created

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: sofia190
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: GCC
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

Hi. I recently downloaded mingw-get-setup.exe. The problem is that the files
that I create with a .cpp extension are blocked by the antivirus installed on
my computer, Bitdefender.

Information:

Windows 10

gcc version 9.2.0 (MinGW.org GCC Build-20200227-1)

GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.32

Microsoft shell - cmd.exe

MinGW version 0.6.3-pre-20170905-1

I receive this message:

C:\Users\Maria\Desktop>g++ hello.cpp c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/9.2.0/..
/../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file a.exe: Permission denied
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I am trying to compile and execute some files locally and this is not the first
time I run into this problem. In the past, I decided to use an online compiler
after observing that it doesn’t work locally, but it turns out I need to use
MinGW in the end.

The antivirus warns about this after trying to turn a file into an executable:

The file C:\Users\Maria\Desktop\a.exe is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.852514
and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to
make sure your system is clean.

I don't know if it is safe to add this warning to exceptions, so that the
antivirus ignores it. I thought that maybe it can be a false alarm from the
antivirus.

If there is some information about this topic, is it possible that I receive a
link on with how to deal with this problem?

Thanks for your time!

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net