[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40459: deprecated keywords

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Tue Jun 2 00:39:11 JST 2020

#40459: deprecated keywords

  Open Date: 2020-06-01 15:15
Last Update: 2020-06-01 16:39

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40459
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40459

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

I think this needs to be fixed by the maintainers of the library in question,
but I will offer a few comments on your ticket:

    Im using:
    Windows 10, 64 bit,

Okay.

    Codeblocks IDE vs 20.3,

We don't support this, but it may not be pertinent anyway.

    gcc 8.1.0 64 bit,

This is kind of old, but in any case, it didn't originate from this project.

    GNU Binutils 2.24,

Also kind of old. We did distribute this, as a 32-bit product, but that's
likely not what you are using.

    mingw-w64-builds-4.3.5,

This is not our product. The appearance of 'mingw' in its name is, in fact, an
infringement of our legally registered trademark; I don't feel particularly
well disposed to offering support for such illegally distributed products.

    i really don't know what the priority or severity should be.

Had you bothered to read the guidelines, which appear right at the top of the
ticket submission form, you would know that you are not expected to assign
these; indeed, you are supposed to leave them at their defaults, and had you
tried to escalate either, I would have downgraded them anyway. Since you,
yourself downgraded priority, I am happy to leave it so.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: daniel_myers
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: GCC
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

I'm getting a compile error on an include directive of the libxml++ library, #
include <libxml++\libxml++.h> dependency on gtkmm part of the library
<gutils.h>. On line 360 of <gutils.h> they use the 'register keyword'. After
C++ 11 the keyword has been deprecated. The include directive compiles fine
with C++11 std AND C++14 std for me but not using the C++17 std, which is why I
was wondering if it was a compiler issue.

Im using:

Windows 10, 64 bit,

Codeblocks IDE vs 20.3,

gcc 8.1.0 64 bit,

GNU Binutils 2.24,

mingw-w64-builds-4.3.5,

Here is a similar issue that seems to have been addressed elsewhere. https://
github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5/issues/345

Ive posted a bug to the library in question also. I do not know if this is
something that has to be fixed on their end, or if it is something that has to
be taken care of with the compiler or if maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm
in no rush so i really don't know what the priority or severity should be. I
don't know if other people are depending on this library also so Ill just set
everything to low.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net