[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Jan 8 21:47:59 JST 2020

#37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

  Open Date: 2018-01-10 12:17
Last Update: 2020-01-08 09:47

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/37867
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=37867

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Keith Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:41:50 AM

    Here is my first patch: https://osdn.net/users/cstrauss/pf/
    mingw-wsl-patches-win64/scm/blobs/tip/win64-context.patch

Should you not, rather, forward declare struct _CONTEXT, with CONTEXT being
typedef struct _CONTEXT CONTEXT? Doesn't https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/
windows/desktop/api/winnt/ns-winnt-context then provide the details of the
structure declaration you need?

Keith Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:00:24 AM

While we're discussing architecture specific CONTEXT declarations, some time
ago @Earnie Boyd suggested factoring the individual declarations out of
<winnt.h>, into architecture specific individual files. That seems to me to be
a very reasonable suggestion; maybe we should start by placing the _WIN64
specific declaration in its own stand-alone header file?

Cesar Strauss Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:17:45 AM

    Was my patch, alone, sufficient? Or did you need to rework it?

I just had to correct one missing instance of ebx->rbx.

Cesar Strauss Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:27:45 AM

I guess I overlooked this. I will now update the patch to use the reference
CONTEXT declaration from MSDN.

Cesar Strauss Apr 21st, 2019 at 8:30:04 AM

    Next failure is in cpu_features.sx. In this case, one of @Keith's patches
    helps.

This file now builds, but I cannot properly test it until the compiler is able
to generate executables, which is later in the patch series.

Cesar Strauss Apr 21st, 2019 at 9:52:28 AM

Updated "cpu-features" patch at https://osdn.net/users/cstrauss/pf/
mingw-wsl-patches-win64/scm/blobs/tip/cpu-features-x86-64.patch

Cesar Strauss Apr 21st, 2019 at 1:00:56 PM

    Doesn't https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/desktop/api/winnt/
    ns-winnt-context then provide the details of the structure declaration you
    need?

It depends on missing declarations: XMM_SAVE_AREA32, NEON128 and M128A. I can't
find them in MSDN.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: earnie
         Owner: earnie
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

This is the primary ticket for controlling this milestone. Status of the
milestone will be added as comments to this ticket.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net