[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Jan 8 21:46:37 JST 2020

#37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

  Open Date: 2018-01-10 12:17
Last Update: 2020-01-08 09:46

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/37867
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=37867

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Keith Apr 1st, 2019 at 6:28:18 PM

@Cesar Strauss, as I originally published it, mingw-wsl-patches will not apply
on the 6.0-exp branch, (due to the rename of the w32api directory). To address
this, I've modified all the affected path name references, within all of the
patch files, and posted an update to a new 6.0-exp bookmark, (bookmarks are
Mercurial's equivalent of git's branches; git has no analogue for Mercurial's
branches), within mingw-wsl-patches. I've also set a 5.2-trunk bookmark,
representing the originally published state of the patch queue.

After cloning mingw-wsl-patches into the .hg/patches directory of your
Mercurial clone of the git repository, you will need to update it to the
appropriate bookmark, to match the git branch (which will also appear as a
bookmark in your Mercurial clone), on which you are working.

Cesar Strauss Apr 1st, 2019 at 10:24:17 PM

    @Cesar Strauss, in addition to the patch queue, which I've already
    published, I have a couple of Win64-specific patches (in an independent
    queue). I've never been able to test these, since I don't have access to a
    Win64 host, (and VirtualBox will not let me virtualize one, on my P6200
    64-bit Linux host).

I will be glad to test them.

    How would you prefer me to make these available? Another OSDN.net chamber?

Sure.

    Or attach them to @Earnie Boyd's existing OSDN.net Win64 ticket?

Not necessarily. We could create new tickets.

Maybe, instead of attaching patches, add a web link to the changeset, provided
by the OSDN webview.

    Or even, just apply and push, on the 6.0-exp branch?

Let me test them first, thanks.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: earnie
         Owner: earnie
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

This is the primary ticket for controlling this milestone. Status of the
milestone will be added as comments to this ticket.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net