[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Wed Jan 8 21:45:31 JST 2020

#37867: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.

  Open Date: 2018-01-10 12:17
Last Update: 2020-01-08 09:45

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/37867
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=37867

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Earnie Boyd Mar 30th, 2019 at 3:03:58 PM

    That does seem like the way to go. Do, please, be aware that I still have a
    patch queue, of around 130 outstanding patches, to address (mostly
    self-containment) issues in WINAPI; it would be good if we can minimize
    potential conflicts.

Perhaps do the github method of forking the source to a local "Chamber" and
submit merge requests?

Keith Mar 30th, 2019 at 6:16:03 PM

    Perhaps do the github method of forking the source to a local "Chamber" and
    submit merge requests?

I could do that, but it's a Mercurial patch queue, so it would need to be a
Mercurial chamber; are you up for working with that?

Cesar Strauss Mar 30th, 2019 at 6:21:29 PM

Sure.

Cesar Strauss Mar 30th, 2019 at 6:26:03 PM

I noticed there is a 6.0-exp branch for Win64 support, do you want maybe to
build on this?

Cesar Strauss Mar 31st, 2019 at 9:51:45 PM

@Keith, as I understand it, you would share your Mercurial repository, so I
could clone it, right?

Keith Mar 31st, 2019 at 10:14:18 AM

@Cesar Strauss

    as I understand it, you would share your Mercurial repository, so I could
    clone it, right?

No, you can clone the existing git repository, using Mercurial's hg-git
extension, to create a Mercurial clone, (as I have it here). I would publish a
Mercurial repository, containing just my patch queue, which you would then
clone into the .hg/patches directory of your Mercurial clone of the git
repository. You may then use the Mercurial queues feature, to qpush, qrefresh,
and/or qpop patches within your Mercurial clone of the git repository.

If you modify any of the patches, you would send me a diff of the queue,
generated by hg diff --mq, so I can keep our patches in sync.

Keith Mar 31st, 2019 at 11:49:32 AM

@Cesar Strauss

    I would publish a Mercurial repository, containing just my patch queue

That's now done; you will find it at https://osdn.net/users/keith/pf/
mingw-wsl-patches/

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: earnie
         Owner: earnie
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: Create a 64bit build environment for the MinGW.org project.
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

This is the primary ticket for controlling this milestone. Status of the
milestone will be added as comments to this ticket.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net