[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #40317: Install error

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sat Apr 11 21:50:58 JST 2020

#40317: Install error

  Open Date: 2020-04-11 09:31
Last Update: 2020-04-11 13:50

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/40317
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=40317

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Reply To okolo

    Excuse me please, I have attached a screenshot to the message.

Thanks.

It appears that you are still using WinXP, (which is becoming increasingly
difficult to support), but what version of mingw-get are you using? (Help -->
About should show you, if you don't know).

Error 12157 is an HTTPS security issue, which does tend to arise with WinXP,
particularly when downloading from SF, (and especially when using any version
of mingw-get which predates v0.6.3). If all else fails, you may need to resolve
the failure by manual download, and storing the missing
gdb-7.6.1-1-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma into your $MINGW_ROOT/var/cache/mingw-get/
packages directory, (where $MINGW_ROOT represents the name of the root
directory of your MinGW installation — the default is C:/MinGW, but you will
need to supply the correct name for your own installation).

BTW, we prefer you to paste diagnostic messages directly into your ticket
description, or a follow-up comment, because, when you attach JPG screenshots,
we cannot copy and paste text from them. Make it easier for us to help you, and
we will be more inclined to do so.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: okolo
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: INSTALLER
      Severity: 1 - Lowest
    Resolution: Invalid

Ticket details:

Hello. I get an error while trying to install. The error can be seen in the
attached screenshot. https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploads/images/2020/04/
62a8767b18fb14095e5af632bd09b3dd.jpg

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net