[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #38219: zLib needs updating from (v1.2.8) to (v1.2.11)...

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Tue Nov 27 08:13:09 JST 2018

#38219: zLib needs updating from (v1.2.8) to (v1.2.11)...

  Open Date: 2018-04-20 07:25
Last Update: 2018-11-26 23:13

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/38219
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=38219

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Although this isn't a particularly high priority for me, I've chosen to adopt
it as an exercise, to test the mingw-port capability, (a complete and improved
replacement for the old mingwPORT framework), of my mingw-pkg utility suite:–

 1.  $ mkdir -p ~/sandbox/mingw-port
 2.  $ cd ~/sandbox/mingw-port
 3.  $ mingw-pkg PORTSPEC=zlib-1.2.11 import
 4.  .
 5.  .
 6.  .
 7.  $ mkdir -p build/zlib-1.2.11
 8.  $ cd build/zlib-1.2.11
 9.  $ mingw-pkg --srcdir=../../zlib-1.2.11 patch
10.  .
11.  .
12.  .
13.  $ mingw-pkg compile
14.  .
15.  .
16.  .
17.  $ mingw-pkg dist sign
18.  .
19.  .
20.  .

I guess there's no reason why I shouldn't make the resultant distributable
package components available for FRS download.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: melchiorgaspar
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Feature Request
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: OTHER
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

I wanted to let you guys know I noticed today that zlib after an eternity
finally has an update as of January 15, 2017 zlib is now version v1.2.11 up
from v1.2.8...

So can one of you PLEASE grab the new src and compile and update the zlib
package in MinGW? please and thanks. :) mingw32-libz

http://www.zlib.net/ http://www.zlib.net/zlib1211.zip

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net