[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #38736: DTM_SETFORMATW incorrectly defined in commctrl.h

Back to archive index
MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Mon Nov 19 01:26:36 JST 2018

#38736: DTM_SETFORMATW incorrectly defined in commctrl.h

  Open Date: 2018-11-08 22:28
Last Update: 2018-11-18 16:26

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/38736
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=38736

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

Reply To heisenbug

    You're welcome. And I understand. If it helps: I have tested the 0x1032
    value and can report that it works as intended.

Thanks for that. I've prepared the obvious patch; how would you like me to
attribute it, in the ChangeLog?

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: heisenbug
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

Problem: MinGW's w32api header commctrl.h incorrectly defines DTM_SETFORMATW as
0x1050.

The official MSVC++ WinAPI headers define DTM_SETFORMATW as 0x1032, via the
expression DTM_FIRST + 50, where DTM_FIRST is 0x1000. This of course translates
to the correct value of 0x1032.

I suspect that DTM_SETFORMATW accidentally became 0x1050 in the MinGW header,
because of a mental hex addition error.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net