[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #37833: mingw-get std C++11 issues with GCC 6.4

Back to archive index

MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Sat Jan 27 23:11:30 JST 2018

#37833: mingw-get std C++11 issues with GCC 6.4

  Open Date: 2017-12-23 19:39
Last Update: 2018-01-27 14:11

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/37833
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=37833

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

The next of your issues, which I'd like to consider, is:
* mkpath.cpp (stat): Use _stat instead.
Miscellaneous trailing whitespace removal.
Once again, I hardly think the trailing white space adjustment is worth a mention, and on its own, it certainly doesn't warrant an edit.  Beyond that, (ignoring what appear to be ChangeLog typographic errors -- the file in question is mkpath.c, not mkpath.cpp, and the reference to stat is ambiguous w.r.t. struct stat vs. function stat), I simply don't understand why this change should be necessary ... unless you go out of your way to define _NO_OLDNAMES, our sys/stat.h defines (POSIX compatible) struct stat to be identical to Microsoft's ugly, non-standard struct _stat.
Sorry, but I am inclined to reject this change, (on the grounds that I will not unnecessarily adopt Microsoft lock-in coding standards, and without this change mkpath.c is potentially portable).

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: earnie
         Owner: keith
          Type: Issues
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: INSTALLER
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

Per Slack conversation Keith states he has some patches for mingw-get and plans to share here.

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net