[MinGW-Notify] [mingw] #38187: update wincon.h

Back to archive index

MinGW Notification List mingw****@lists*****
Mon Aug 13 22:25:01 JST 2018

#38187: update wincon.h

  Open Date: 2018-04-11 09:21
Last Update: 2018-08-13 14:25

URL for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net//projects/mingw/ticket/38187
RSS feed for this Ticket:
    https://osdn.net/ticket/ticket_rss.php?group_id=3917&tid=38187

Last Changes/Comment on this Ticket:

Comment:

This official Microsoft documentation page indicates that the COMMON_LVB
attributes are supported from Win2K onwards. This unofficial legacy
documentation page does not mention them, which suggests that they may not have
been supported prior to Win2K.

Certainly, this is an opinion based on conjecture, but I think it may be
appropriate to place these definitions within an #if _WIN32_WINNT >=
_WIN32_WINNT_WIN2K exposure guard block.

Ticket Status:

      Reporter: osdn-mensch
         Owner: (None)
          Type: Feature Request
     MileStone: (None)
     Component: WSL
      Severity: 5 - Medium
    Resolution: None

Ticket details:

The current one seems very outdated.

It misses some older things (I was told that this is around since 2007) like
the CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFOEX structure

 1.  typedef struct _CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFOEX {
 2.    ULONG      cbSize;
 3.    COORD      dwSize;
 4.    COORD      dwCursorPosition;
 5.    WORD       wAttributes;
 6.    SMALL_RECT srWindow;
 7.    COORD      dwMaximumWindowSize;
 8.    WORD       wPopupAttributes;
 9.    BOOL       bFullscreenSupported;
10.    COLORREF   ColorTable[16];
11.  } CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFOEX, *PCONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFOEX;

and the newer COMMON_LVB_ defines for CHAR_INFO structure such as

 1.  #ifndef COMMON_LVB_GRID_HORIZONTAL
 2.  #define COMMON_LVB_GRID_HORIZONTAL      0x0400  /* Top horizontal */
 3.  #endif
 4.  #ifndef COMMON_LVB_GRID_LVERTICAL
 5.  #define COMMON_LVB_GRID_LVERTICAL       0x0800  /* Left vertical */
 6.  #endif
 7.  #ifndef COMMON_LVB_GRID_RVERTICAL
 8.  #define COMMON_LVB_GRID_RVERTICAL       0x1000  /* Right vertical */
 9.  #endif
10.  #ifndef COMMON_LVB_REVERSE_VIDEO
11.  #define COMMON_LVB_REVERSE_VIDEO        0x4000  /* Reverse foreground and background attribute */
12.  #endif
13.  #ifndef COMMON_LVB_UNDERSCORE
14.  #define COMMON_LVB_UNDERSCORE   0x8000  /* Underscore */
15.  #endif

Note: all these are included in mingw-w64 since some time but I think the
original should be updated, too :-)

--
Ticket information of MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows project
MinGW - Minimalist GNU for Windows Project is hosted on OSDN

Project URL: https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/
OSDN: https://osdn.net