討論區: MyNETS-i18n-ja (Thread #16970)

en.po アップロード (2007-12-05 00:41 by 匿名 #33788)

Holgerです,

Kansai Opensourceで"募った"のドイツから漢訳小力です.夜深けので,英語で書き続けます...

So yesterday night I downloaded the zip file, edited (viエディタweb interfaceよりそれくらい好都合...) it and uploaded it to:

http://www.blasum.net/holger/tmp/en.po (当座URL)

Comparing the zips there had been no change from yesterday night to tonight (I've kept a backup of the download, size 37898 bytes) up to tonight so you could just import that po file without overwriting any edits (before doing that for size of zip file yourself).

msgfmt -v -c en.po (sorry for using a ruby tool...)
926 translated messages, 36 fuzzy translations, 36 untranslated messages.

Sorry, I cannot do the rest (too little Japanese...), but I am eager to know how these are "solved" :-).

Some general observations:(Style 1) I think an English '.' shall be used "if and only if" (両辺の'ならば') in Japanese there is '。'. That is a style issue and I have not touched other entries concerning this (one easily can fix this via a 10-line script ...).
Example:
msgid "メッセージがありません。"
msgstr "No messages."
msgid "メッセージがありません"
msgstr "No messages"

(Style 2) I have not consistently dealt with 「」 and 【】.
Example:
* msgid "「%s」のマップ"
* msgstr "Maps of %s"
* msgid "【該当する日記はありません】"
* msgstr "There are no diaries applicable."

(Style 3)
* difference 招待 (shootai/invite) and 紹介 (shookai/introduce) and (お知ら/inform about) not always really clear to me, so also messy in the translations (are these clear distinctions in Japanese?)
--> *maybe* always use invite for 招待/紹介 and always use inform for お知ら, but not sure

(Style 4)
* length: I have not paid much attention that the length of the clauses is always preserved, this could be improved where necessary.

(Style 5)
* 小カテゴリ/中カテゴリ -> hard to translate, are there also
"big categories"?

(Style 6)
* Capitalization is not yet consistent (I tend to capitalize only at the beginning of a sentence/command, but that again is a style issue
bet looked at in the UI).

Further progress: The state of the translation is still crude, e.g. one should do a local install of EN version, for this the cvs/svn address of the project is useful (this is *not* urgent, wont have
much time before Christmas).

Disclaimer: I'm no native English speaker either, so I don't have strong opinions on the style issues above.

Holger

回覆 #33788×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) 登入

RE: en.po アップロード (2007-12-05 23:27 by kenji #33814)

ありがとうございます。

記載されている en.po をマージしました。

また、現状の翻訳の問題点の指摘もありがとうございます。
検討します。
回覆: #33788

回覆 #33814×

You can not use Wiki syntax
You are not logged in. To discriminate your posts from the rest, you need to pick a nickname. (The uniqueness of nickname is not reserved. It is possible that someone else could use the exactly same nickname. If you want assurance of your identity, you are recommended to login before posting.) 登入